Thread: OLPFs for BMPCC and BMMCC - Mosaic & RawLite

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Probably its just due the different light conditions. Mosaic has some kind of anti-reflection coating with light bluish tint color but it is not looks like that heavy magenta color as on Hoya IR and RawLite filters.

Curious, to see more people test them out. I have the Mosaic on my 2.5k and with sharp glass and the 2.5k resolution, the oversampling to FHD is quite lovely. Would it be worth the switch? Or even to the Mosaic V2?

Hmmm...
    Steve Lee Jean
    Busan, South Korea + Los Angeles, CA

Any news on this v2 filter from mosaic? And is there a comparison with Rawlite filter?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Interesting... just received an email from David at Mosaic:

Actually we're about to release a new revision of the filter: It has a new mechanical design, so that it's easier to install. Also we're beginning to include integrated IR filtration in all our Blackmagic filters going forward, so that even when shooting with heavy ND filtration it will no longer be necessary to use a separate IR cut filter or expensive IR/ND filters. Furthermore, the new filter is compatible with the new Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera, as well as the current Pocket Camera and MFT Cinema Camera; it's compatible with all current versions of the Metabones Speedbooster as well.

As soon as the weather clears here, we're planning to shoot more test video with the new filter; hopefully we'll be able to publish this material by around this coming weekend. So we'll try to keep you posted; but of course stay tuned!

I've replied with a few questions regarding the new filter - mainly, whether or not the new design has the same optical quality as the non-IR version, or if it has been improved. Very excited to see their test videos... the latest official release on Vimeo was shot 3 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Mulder View Post
    Any news on this v2 filter from mosaic? And is there a comparison with Rawlite filter?
    David and team are working on an updated filter with IR. Filters are still in production and have not been released, therefore no comparisons yet.

https://vimeo.com/190944082

Ah thnx for that. I had overlooked that last videopost of them. I think it would be best to wait and see then. I was about to buy a v1, but this v2 seems to be really close to finalisation.

Yeah, sit tight and wait for V2. Mosaic is working on something very special...

Quote Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
    Yeah, sit tight and wait for V2. Mosaic is working on something very special...
    I also read about the Rawlite filter, about the same price as the Mosaic v1, but also has IRcut, curious how that will compare to the v2 mosaic then.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Mulder View Post
    I also read about the Rawlite filter, about the same price as the Mosaic v1, but also has IRcut, curious how that will compare to the v2 mosaic then.
    Has anyone bought or tried this filter? I was underwhelmed by the Mosaic (no shims then) and was considering the Rawlite (black Friday sale), but I hate to buy a pig in a poke...

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Has anyone bought or tried this filter? I was underwhelmed by the Mosaic (no shims then) and was considering the Rawlite (black Friday sale), but I hate to buy a pig in a poke...
    I haven't tried either, I'm holding off for v2 of the Mosaic and then might pull the trigger on one. I'm skeptical of the RawLite purely because it has been created by a single guy off his own back (as far as I'm aware), whereas Mosaic Engineering is an established (albeit small) company with a lot of experience and expertise. I've seen very little (if any) test shoots of the Mosaic that have been carried out under strict parameters to get a true sense of the hit to sharpness, so I'm very excited to see what tests Mosaic themselves are soon to release.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I'm skeptical of the RawLite purely because it has been created by a single guy off his own back (as far as I'm aware),.
    Yeah, I get that - but the Micro controller that onelittlegoat offers is made by a guy named Phil in his garage in Australia, and it's one of the best accessories for the price I've ever bought.