Thread: OLPFs for BMPCC and BMMCC - Mosaic & RawLite

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Cook View Post
    I have exactly this on my BMMCC, colored square boxes everywhere, and it's getting worse. It's crazy, I've never seen anything like it before. And that's the reason I started a RMA request.

I always address my camera malfunctions that need RMA with BMD and keep it at that, between me and the manufacturer. But, this is the first time I've had them take my DNGs, keep them awhile, a week later say they're sending it to the Australian tech dept for further review, then have them reply that it's normal behave of sensors.

It's not the purple grid people may be thinking of, it's multi colored squares that flash about. I'll get some DNGs ready and post up here and see what y'all think.
    I usually find that it helps others to at least post on the official forum of anything I have a problem with so that anyone else who may be having similar issues can know why and what their course of action is. Plus it also helps to figure out if it's a wide spread issue of the camera or the single unit. This issue appears to be one of the Micro alone and considering their lack of updates on a supposedly 'new' product line with features that weren't met I'd be inclined to speak up.

Having them say that that is normal behaviour would also rub me the wrong way, when it clearly shouldn't be.

I'd be very interested to see if the mosaic OLPF remedies this or if it's a more sinister issue that could have other effects on the cameras performance even if the OLPF does cover up the issue.

What is the best way to show the issues we are having? Mine is more evident in motion but the files are quite large.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    I usually find that it helps others to at least post on the official forum of anything I have a problem with so that anyone else who may be having similar issues can know why and what their course of action is. Plus it also helps to figure out if it's a wide spread issue of the camera or the single unit. This issue appears to be one of the Micro alone and considering their lack of updates on a supposedly 'new' product line with features that weren't met I'd be inclined to speak up.

Having them say that that is normal behaviour would also rub me the wrong way, when it clearly shouldn't be.

I'd be very interested to see if the mosaic OLPF remedies this or if it's a more sinister issue that could have other effects on the cameras performance even if the OLPF does cover up the issue.

What is the best way to show the issues we are having? Mine is more evident in motion but the files are quite large.
    I started a new thread on it for BMCuser, but I'll start one on the official forum too. http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...n-Micro-Cinema

Best way to share the issue is with google drive, and post the original DNGs.

Mine shows up everywhere now, not just on morie or aliasing patterns, like I said mine is getting worse, almost like the sensor is shorting. (Just a uneducated guess on my last part)

Tim

have you used the trick to remove colour noise from micro and pocket footage in resolve? I'm not sure if its the same problem that you are seeing but i wasn't particularly happy with the colour noise of the green red pixels in my micro and came across a tutorial online on how to remove them in davinci whilst still keeping the grain structure.

I find this information interesting - and alarming since the Micro is my A camera on my current documentary... But I think it should be in a new thread so people can respond to that specific problem... Those not interested in the OLPF will miss the content..

Anyone receive the v2 olpf from mosaic yet? Was told that if I ordered it'd be shipped around mid week of the 23rd of August. Contacted them again they said they had everything and could have it shipped monday the 28th. Contacted again and they said that it'd be shipped as soon as possible but still haven't received a "shipped" email. A lot of money spent on something that doesn't seem to be moving.

Mine v2 filter is shipped about a week ago. I ordered it early June. Delays are really huge.

After 3 months of preorder Mosaic OLPF v2 arrived! From first look v2 package is not so cool looking as v1 was. It is just larger size durable plastic container with bubble bag pad inside. Hope to test filter in few days.
    IMG_5009.jpg

Still looks like it was well packaged for shipping! Looking to forward your evaluation tests.
    Cheers

Looking forward to the tests!
    Maybe we can finaly conclude which one is best, Rawlite or Mosaic.

Cheers.

The main current problem with Rawlite filter is supplied shims. From developer reply it uses same shims design as Mosaic v1, just four simple washers. This makes lens mount weak and may leak dust under the hood.