Thread: OLPFs for BMPCC and BMMCC - Mosaic & RawLite

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    That's awesome.
    Waiting for their video tests and more product descriptions.

Anyone seen this? http://www.mosaicengineering.com/products/nbaa.html

It's a non-blurring optical technology, wonder if it'll be included in the new adapters, always thought so...

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    WOW! can't believe that i finally get new shim soon.

Wonder what is for this thing at the photo:

Attachment 23281
    Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster...

From memory it's a guide to make sure you've installed the shim and filter properly if you use the BMPCC Metabones Speedbooster. When I got mine 6 odd months ago David said that there's less than 1 mm gap between the rear element of the Speedbooster and the OLPF, hence that tool to check all is well. I think I'm in the same boat as Zak, having bought the V2 filter but without the IR filtration. Now I'm tossing up whether I want to spend the money on the new one...

Hi guys - seeing if anyone has used the v2 filter yet. I am about to pull the trigger, for the fact alone that it's easier to install.

Any updates on the rawlite vs V2 Mosaic?

Is the IR cut similar in both and the rawlite isn't as soft but the Mosaic is much easier to install?

Not sure if I should give up the sharper image for ease of install/uninstall or not

been using the Mosaic for a month, the detail on subjects 5-7m or closer is good. Wider or landscape shots however theres a real lack of detail. I'm not sure if thats the filter, me not getting it in focus because of my poxy DP4, the tiffen variable ND filter, atmospheric distortion, a davinci preview thing or if its just how the camera is. The hardest thing about the installation is putting in the shims which wasn't hard just delicate
    Last edited by iammuc; 07-26-2017 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iammuc View Post
    been using the Mosaic for a month, the detail on subjects 5m or closer is good. I'm not getting good results with anything further in distance like wide or landscape shots, theres a real lack of detail. I'm not sure if thats the filter, me not getting it in focus because of my poxy DP4, the tiffen variable ND filter, a davinci preview thing or if its just a Micro thing in general. The hardest thing about the installation is putting in the shims which wasnt hard just delicate
    mm sounds troubling, did you notice any issues prior to the filter and are you using a speedbooster? could that be effecting your focus?

i dont think its troubling, i think it just may be the case that im not used to Blackmagic images coming from sharper GH4/Sony dslrs. Using native panasonic lenses no lens correction or speedbooster usually shooting outdoors at f11 with variable ND filter. I see it more when shooting nature, less finer details in the foliage, grass, flowers etc. Without the filter they would probably come out all aliased edging so i think its a BM sensor imagery thing with the micro possibly

i dont think its troubling, i think it just may be the case that im not used to Blackmagic images coming from sharper GH4/Sony dslrs. Using native panasonic lenses no lens correction or speedbooster usually shooting outdoors at f11 with variable ND filter. I see it more when shooting nature, less finer details in the foliage, grass, flowers etc. Without the filter they would probably come out all aliased edging so i think its a BM sensor imagery thing with the micro possibly
    Now I am also a novice but I have noticed that under the settings where you can change a Raw clips ISO and white balance there is a setting to up midtone detail which seems to put that fine detail back into grass etc, but what this does positively or negatively to the image I'm not sure, but it might be something to try.

If the Mosaic filter is as easy to remove as advertised, would you mind doing a simple comparison? I know I would be very interested in seeing how much the V2 affects the sharpness.

The filter's easy to remove, the shim isn't... BTW, I've been using it for a couple of months now and haven't noticed any resolution issues at all... Admittedly I don't use extremely wide lenses, but I do regularly shoot with a 12-40 Olympus and an EFS 17-55 on a Speednooster and the image is virtually identical to similar scenes I shot before adding the filter.