Thread: Older Mainboard and CPU to slow down AMD RX480 ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Will resolve run on the Ryzen processor? It always used to be intel. But then it also used to be only invidia graphics, and that has changed. Now that resolve and fusion are Linux, even free versions I'm thinking of building a workstation, cost will be a factor though. If anyone can recommend a parts list for an all amd build that would be cool.

Is your 2500K overclocked? Believe it or not, that's still a great CPU. CPU tech just hasn't advanced as quickly as GPU's the past few years. However, it obviously lacks hyper-threading, and if you want perfect playback of RAW, you probably need hyper-threading. Proxies or a lower quality debayer will probably be necessary with an i5.

I personally have the same CPU, overclocked, but with a 1070, but I shoot ProRes exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    Will resolve run on the Ryzen processor? It always used to be intel. But then it also used to be only invidia graphics, and that has changed. Now that resolve and fusion are Linux, even free versions I'm thinking of building a workstation, cost will be a factor though. If anyone can recommend a parts list for an all amd build that would be cool.
    i've heard it works really well. there is a discussion about it in the off topic section where i posted a link to this guy's video.

the gpu i have is the xfx rx 480 gtr 8gb.

Quote Originally Posted by RyLo View Post
    Is your 2500K overclocked?
    No, due to a loud, cheap CPU fan and I don't want to annoy the other guys in the studio.

But if that would help for better bmpcc raw playback I might give it a try until upgrading the whole thing.

Thx.