Thread: Rigging a BMMCC like an old Bolex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You can find the Russian grips in EBay, and useually a description of the screw mount. If I remember correctly when I was looking at it, it is either 1/4-inch or 3/8ths.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Thanks. No, you are seeing the top of the Wooden Micro Camera cage. The Zacuto EVF Cheese plate is nice, and would be another mounting option. The Zacuto EVF is attached to a EVF arm on the side of the WC cage which allows it to ride on the top of the cage. The arm screws directly into the EVF, and attaches to the cage with a cold shoe. The EVF arm is a Xtender 200 Series Live-at-5 Shoe Mount Arm Kit, from B&H.
    Cheers
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._at_5_kit.html

I found the Xtender arm on B&H. I am having a hard time visualizing how they are connected. Do you by any chance have a picture of your rig where the arm is more extended?

I've been shooting handheld with a 5" monitor on top. I find my self constantly burning my hand from the exhaust fan and unable to keep things steady without a third contact point. I feel as thought I will need a EVF unless I go monopod/tripod route.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioskop.Inc View Post
    This is exactly my set up (different lenses & no cage), steady as hell & perfect for every situation. You can easily access the battery/SD card opening & if you put a quick release between the Pocket & the Krasnogorsk grip/shoulder brace, you can pop it quickly onto a tripod.
    Simple, cheap, steady & light - perfect.
    I use a quick release plate between the handle and SmallRig cage. This comes off and goes on a slider rig, but could easily go onto a tripod head too.

The LANC controller is the simple Lanparte version. I had to file down the front of the handle (bakelight) and drilled a hole for the rear thread mount. The handle is hollow, so I inserted a screw to attach to the controller/switch from behind it. Then made a simple LANC extension cable from the controller/switch to a female/panel connector mount install on the side of the handle (opposite side to the picture). So I use a standard LANC cable from the camera and connect it to the side of the handle. It's great having the stop/start switch right where your trigger finger is.

I think this rig without the shoulder brace is much harder to use. It's really difficult to hold you hand/wrist in that position for long periods without fatigue. This way you have three points of contact - hand, shoulder and face.

Thanks, I missed that you put a LANC start/stop switch in the grip. This is similar to what instant to do with the Graflex grip.
    Cheers