Thread: Digital Bolex is out of the camera manufacturing game

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.Mitchell View Post
    Yeah, that's the one. I honestly don't think you're ever going to have a system that is 100% without play. Mine maybe wiggles a fraction of a mm, which is consistent with my other ENG gear experience. Even with the pressure lock of the Wooden Camera VCT, I don't know if you'll ever be able to totally prevent it.
    Yeah, mine is a couple mm short of making a tight connection as well. A quick fix is a few layers of gaff around the foot. Although, the BMD baseplate for the UM was rock solid with this very same VCT adapter. You can't win, but happy with the upgrade nonetheless.

I finally caved in and bought one, I'll have it by next week. I feel that I've either made a huge mistake or a magnificent choice, either way it's going to be interesting

Are there any good EF to C mount adapters users can recommend? I also own some ARRI B and PL lenses, has anyone tried the C-PL adapter Ciecio7 makes? Changing the mount to m43 would facilitate things, but I'm not sure if there are any left at the moment (or maybe have my technician try to make one)

p.s. Found one of the last models sold in June '16, hopefully I won't run into (m)any technical issues

Quote Originally Posted by jpblack View Post
    I finally caved in and bought one, I'll have it by next week. I feel that I've either made a huge mistake or a magnificent choice, either way it's going to be interesting

Are there any good EF to C mount adapters users can recommend? I also own some ARRI B and PL lenses, has anyone tried the C-PL adapter Ciecio7 makes? Changing the mount to m43 would facilitate things, but I'm not sure if there are any left at the moment (or maybe have my technician try to make one)

p.s. Found one of the last models sold in June '16, hopefully I won't run into (m)any technical issues
    Congrats on picking one up! I just use my MFT mount, so I can't comment on adapters, but you should join the Facebook group! I even have a manual there that'll help you work around some annoying quirks of the system.

Thanks Alex!

I'll make sure to check the manual, thanks for pointing that out!

I've already joined the Facebook group, that's where I got the camera

p.s. To answer my own question, I've found a Kipon EF to C mount adapter, I'll give it a try since it's pretty cheap and most Kipon adapters I own are pretty well made for their price.