Thread: Interested in a passive EF mount for URSA Mini PL?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrossjones View Post
    it can't be as e-mount it mounted very close to the sensor, and the ursa mini doesn't go very far back.
    Yeah i know that. I was thinking theyd hack the ursa mini up. Read the first post re an e-mount. Remmber before bmd made bmpc pl, hotrod hacked those ef cam into pl mount
    Dustin Uy-Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by dcloud View Post
    If e mount is on the table, id want that. I have different adapters for that.
    Thanks Dustin, I'll let Illya know there's someone specifically interested in E mount.

But at this stage, I'm really just trying to gauge interest in a passive EF mount as a simple end-user solution.

Quote Originally Posted by dcloud View Post
    Yeah i know that. I was thinking theyd hack the ursa mini up. Read the first post re an e-mount. Remmber before bmd made bmpc pl, hotrod hacked those ef cam into pl mount
    Yes,,but the PL mount FFD FFD (52mm) is longer than the Canon EF FFD (44mm)'so you have room for a new mount which has to be extended further out than the original EF mount, which is why the change included a new faceplate. You can go longer, you just can not go shorter on the FFD vs the camera's native mount FFD.
    DS

In the same boat as 'dop16mm'. Don't have an URSA Mini yet but I'd totally get one if they were made available, even if they are sold in the end for over $500 (beats buying 2 cameras).

I have my mini 4.6 PL and I'm in LA. I'm interested if a spot free's up or if they can add another.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWarren View Post
    I have my mini 4.6 PL and I'm in LA. I'm interested if a spot free's up or if they can add another.
    Hey Chris, I think Illya was just gauging interest to see if he could get a minimum of ten, but I don't think that's a ceiling as such.

I'm sure if there is more interest out there Hot Rod Cameras may see the benefit of producing more mounts to meet demand.

Why would anybody want an e-mount? (I doubt that Sony would license it anyway) And than deal with crappy adapter Rings again?

Why not a super short, super solid (steel) universal mount, with solid locking adapters like Kinefinety, or the Allstar mount?

So, based on nine people here, and a couple of others on BM Forum, we have over ten people interested in a passive EF mount for their UM4.6 PL. That's a great start!

I'll send this list off to Illya at Hot Rod Cameras and I'll keep this thread updated with any news.

Thanks everyone for helping to start, or should I say continue, the discussion.

If they made a sony mount then a speed booster would be possible

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Yes,,but the PL mount FFD FFD (52mm) is longer than the Canon EF FFD (44mm)'so you have room for a new mount which has to be extended further out than the original EF mount, which is why the change included a new faceplate. You can go longer, you just can not go shorter on the FFD vs the camera's native mount FFD.
    DS
    Yes i get the focal flange ur talking about but when i say hack i mean surgically tear off the mount so it can fit e mount.
    Im open to a universal mount like frank said
    Currently passive ef is also a good option.

Honestly if bmd would release a universal mount with small flange distance that woukd be best (to brawley's disapproval of this idea)
    Dustin Uy-Filmmaker