Thread: Interested in a passive EF mount for URSA Mini PL?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Since WC makes a universal mount for the BMCC now, there is hope we gonna see that on the Ursa too.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    why not get the EF version of the URSA and then use an EF to PL adapter? That gives you the added bonus of having an active EF mount.
    Because these adapters do not work with all PL lenses available, you're getting a mixed bag of "this fits and this doesn't" when you use them.

Taking a Vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetri Zuev View Post
    Because these adapters do not work with all PL lenses available, you're getting a mixed bag of "this fits and this doesn't" when you use them.
    Exactly. There's a very small amount of PL glass that can be used with those adapters and most of it is older glass.

I think I'd be down for one of these too. That price is lower than I expected. Wonder if that would fly on the big URSA too?

Quote Originally Posted by vicharris View Post
    I think I'd be down for one of these too. That price is lower than I expected. Wonder if that would fly on the big URSA too?
    I'll ask Illya.

But I think way the mounts are removed look very different between Mini & big URSA - with the Mini it's just the mount, and the big URSA mount & sensor. But that's just from looking at the manual as I've never used the big URSA.

Thanks for your interest - I'll add you to the list.

I am interested. I am wondering if a speed booster element could be added. They have 6mm shorter flange distance than a standard ef mount to the sensor, but i don't now what space there is free with the pl mount.
    I do know the baffle can be removed easily, which leaves a lot of room.

paul jones

Quote Originally Posted by paulrossjones View Post
    I am wondering if a speed booster element could be added.
    I'm not sure. I'll ask Illya to see what he thinks.

I do not think this is possible, with only 2mm difference between flange FFD (42mm) and EF FFD (44mm). Also, no real advantage as 4.6K gate is not that much smaller than FF 35mm. At 2mm difference, there is barely room for the lens mount.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    I do not think this is possible, with only 2mm difference between flange FFD (42mm) and EF FFD (44mm). Also, no real advantage as 4.6K gate is not that much smaller than FF 35mm. At 2mm difference, there is barely room for the lens mount.
    Cheers
    Although the size is larger than the alexa, there is still a large size difference between the 4.6k ursa and full frame.

The PL mount is 2mm further away from the seņor compared with the ef mount, but what I don't know is the extra meat needed for the mount itself- the screw to the body part.

I guy in the UK has added a metabones element group to his epic 5 or 6k (can't remember) and hasn't actually needed to move the mount 6mm smaller, but did need to mount the lens very close to sensor. he really likes it, saying its like a 8k red, but at the cheap price.
    Its a really big deal for me, as i shoot stills and want to then shoot motion with the same look as my stills. but i can't get the same look at the moment. Not only do i need to change lens lengths, the dof is way different. This is an area that the dslrs blow away the super 35 size- if only they shot a rich file!

There is a filter that sits off the ursa mini sensor that might get in the way. But I guess some reduction in the mount distance might help this.

paul

If e mount is on the table, id want that. I have different adapters for that.
    Dustin Uy-Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by dcloud View Post
    If e mount is on the table, id want that. I have different adapters for that.
    it can't be as e-mount it mounted very close to the sensor, and the ursa mini doesn't go very far back.