Thread: Interested in a passive EF mount for URSA Mini PL?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Anyone have updates on a passive mount?

It seems to be a "dead horse". No more info since last Spring?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    It seems to be a "dead horse". No more info since last Spring?
    Not all of us live in the northern hemisphere Denny, it was late summer here

Being more specific, the last update was from February this year. I'd heard nothing from Illya, so gave up pursuing that option.

I did find a manufacturer in Melbourne, Australia, (they make RED replacement mounts) and they seemed interested in making a prototype mount. But once the UM Pro was announced, they lost interest. Probably because they may consider it a waste of time. Unfortunately at this stage, after contacting half a dozen manufacturers, I have no-one showing interest in giving the project a go.

Quote Originally Posted by trispembo View Post
    Not all of us live in the northern hemisphere Denny, it was late summer here

Being more specific, the last update was from February this year. I'd heard nothing from Illya, so gave up pursuing that option.

I did find a manufacturer in Melbourne, Australia, (they make RED replacement mounts) and they seemed interested in making a prototype mount. But once the UM Pro was announced, they lost interest. Probably because they may consider it a waste of time. Unfortunately at this stage, after contacting half a dozen manufacturers, I have no-one showing interest in giving the project a go.
    Bummer

You are right Trispembo, my apologies. I was being "lazy" and not getting the exact month. Yes, the UM Pro probably killed this project, as it reduced the available market for such a replacement mount. Given the cost of making a few one off's, selling the existing UM and buying a UM Pro would be about the same cost in the end. Given the choice, most would go withnthenPro, and you get all three most used mounts, EF, PL and Nikon.
    Only one missing, unfortunately, is a MFT, but that is another non-starter.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Yes, the UM Pro probably killed this project, as it reduced the available market for such a replacement mount. Given the cost of making a few one off's, selling the existing UM and buying a UM Pro would be about the same cost in the end. Given the choice, most would go withnthenPro, and you get all three most used mounts, EF, PL and Nikon.
    Only one missing, unfortunately, is a MFT, but that is another non-starter.
    Cheers
    I'm not so sure it would be cheaper. Used prices of the Ursa Mini Amateur 4.6k are pretty low. If I was to sell my Ursa Amateur I'd probably go in a different direction than Blackmagic. Terra 4 or 5k comes to mind. Their interchangeable mounting system seems like it will be more flexible. Kinefinity has really thought through their Terra ecosystem. Their model tiers actually make sense. Blackmagic's URSA model lineup is a complete clusterfuck of self sabotage.