Thread: 10 bit H264

1. #1 10 bit H264 
    Does anyone know if it is possible to export the DNG files to H264 with 10 bit depth instead of the usual 8 bits. Seems such a waste to lose all that quality when my TV is capable of 10 bit resolution.

A quick Google search leads you to: https://mattgadient.com/2016/02/15/h...linux-windows/

Thanks. Ive downloaded the above application but found it doesnt work on my mac with the prores files exported from davinci. The program stops as soon as you press go without producing any resultant file. That is why I appealed for further advice from this board. best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pickering View Post
    Thanks. Ive downloaded the above application but found it doesnt work on my mac with the prores files exported from davinci. The program stops as soon as you press go without producing any resultant file...
    I think that 10-bit Handbrake Version has a small bug which stops the encoding directly after you start it.
    But if you change the Video Codec via the Popupmenu to "H.265 10-bit" and then back to "H.264 10-bit" it just works.

Thank you for the tip. You are correct and now the program works as expected. Yippee!