Thread: Midi twister controller that works with mac and PC

1. #1 Midi twister controller that works with mac and PC 
    Hey everyone,
    Just thought I would let you know that I ave been at it with a project of mine that I want to share with anyone who want to try it.
    That is to create a budget version on how to use knobs to control different parameters in Resolve in on a windows/osx plattform using the DJ TechTools - Midi Fighter Twister

Im going to part with nMP as soon as the new 10-core cpu is released to build a windows workstation.
    Since there is no controllermate for windows had to find another software to accomplish this. My first thought was autohotkey but I ended up with a software called BOME midi translator.
    I am by no means a programmer but I am at a place now where I can let everyone know that Its actually working.

The good thing is that BOME midi translator works for both OSX and Windows so everyone who wants to try and perhaps even improve it are welcome

I want to start of with saying that this solution is not meant or will be a replacement to Julius "MidiGrade" that are based on ControllerMate. This project was started as I saw no equivalent to a Windows system. This is a open source project and there is really no support regarding this.

This is how far I have come and everything is currently working (with room for improvements)
    Let me know if anyone wants the files.
    You will of course need to adjust all the X&Y positions to fit your screen.

Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 00.30.26.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 00.30.40.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 00.30.26.jpg

Used:
    Software: http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator

Hardware: https://store.djtechtools.com/produc...ighter-twister

I currently are doing this on OSX but will switch to Windows soon

Cheers

Freshtea, I'm definitely interested in this project. I could perhaps help with development if you're still working on it.

Spacewig
    Sry for the late reply.
    Here is the link to the settings file for twister and project file for Bome miditranslator incase anyone wants to try.
    the project is optimized for davinci resolve 12.5 and is mapped for 3840x2160 and scopes in a loose window (it effects the U.I) so you will have to remap it on you own if you have another resolution or using more than 1 screen for you GUI.

Files:
    http://freshteafilms.myqnapcloud.com...i?ssid=070MMyO

http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator (You can download demo that works for 20 minutes each time you open it)

Let me know if there is anything you can improve

If anything else I usually spend more time in liftgammagain.com where here seems to be more intrest in this project

Quote Originally Posted by spacewig View Post
    Freshtea, I'm definitely interested in this project. I could perhaps help with development if you're still working on it.
    i could use some help, i have Tony's settings working well, but would like to modify them to have vertical mouse movement for controling RGB|LGG on sliders on the "primariy bars" page.

i'm just a colorist, not a programer... any help would be appreacated