Thread: SLR Magic 25, 50 and 85 APO HyperPrime Cine Set

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
    Great comparison! I recently got a 50mm and I have been happy so far - hoping for a 25mm mkii before I grab one.

Quote Originally Posted by soarprod View Post
    Great comparison! I recently got a 50mm and I have been happy so far - hoping for a 25mm mkii before I grab one.
    No plans for another 25mm. I asked slrmagic already and that's what I was told.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Thanks Darren, yes I have. Yes please do evaluate your lens' as well when you have time, as the bigger the amount of copies we can compare the better! I am actually really happy to be proven wrong, as I was considering exchanging the lens for another copy. But after seeing how similarly Joe's lens' act from his chart tests, I'm inclined to think this is how most APO's act (so exchanging would reap no benefit).

Like I said though, I am loving the lens character in real life shoots, but in some scenarios knowing how it acts in terms of tone/luminance and color is important and saves time in post (especially when I'm not doing post!).

Also, for people who may be scared off by these lens' because of this test, please don't be. They are beautiful lens', and even much more expensive lens' aren't perfectly matched (as seen in the chart below again from the reduser salt iii test)... although I would be extremely happy if the APO's matched as well as Master Primes and Summilux C's

BTS Footage and lens review of my APO extended set with the new 12 and 18mm lenses in MFT mount ..

https://youtu.be/5P0M-OTPuTU

Quote Originally Posted by jambredz View Post
    I'm not sure. I am going to get this though. Its a PL to MTF speedbooster. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ourthirds.html

Specially made for PL lenses that the rear element does not exceed 15.7mm. ie CP2 and CP3 lenses. Slr magic rear element seems short enough (longest is around 12mm) ...so it should work fine.
    Did this work? Extremely interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ewik View Post
    Did this work? Extremely interested.
    Yup it works great. When i first got it, it didn't focus to infinity but there's a tiny screw that you need to loosen to adjust the glass element in the speedbooster. You rotate it and then fine tune it for your lenses to reach infinity (trial and error till you get it). Now I have a FOV slightly wider than my Ursa mini Pro.
    Attached Images
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Just got a used 50mm for 1200 on BH, Can not wait to test it out. I am hoping my support foot and cage is enough to use a FF. If not when I build my shoulder rig out I will need to add a lens support to the rods.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter917 View Post
    Just got a used 50mm for 1200 on BH, Can not wait to test it out. I am hoping my support foot and cage is enough to use a FF. If not when I build my shoulder rig out I will need to add a lens support to the rods.
    Almost grabbed that one myself. But I already have the 50 ��

Quote Originally Posted by soarprod View Post
    Almost grabbed that one myself. But I already have the 50 ��
    Thanks for not grabbing it! Figured it was a sign to start building my set. I currently only have a sigma 18-35mm, Canon 70-200 and 100mm Macro. They are great but at the end of the day are photo lenses and I need cine primes for bigger productions where focus pulling is needed. This are the best I am gonna get for under $7,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter917 View Post
    Thanks for not grabbing it! Figured it was a sign to start building my set. I currently only have a sigma 18-35mm, Canon 70-200 and 100mm Macro. They are great but at the end of the day are photo lenses and I need cine primes for bigger productions where focus pulling is needed. This are the best I am gonna get for under $7,000.
    Mine seems to match well with the 18-35