Thread: My great $60 battery for the Pocket and Cinema Cameras is BACK in stock!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Very true Stewart, forgot about the JuiceBox, nice battery pack idea, and would be a nice fit to,the Micro camera.
    I am going to get one to try out. Thanks for the reminder!
    Cheers

I think I'd undoubtedly get the JuiceBox if it weren't for the lack of power remaining indicators.

I really want to turn the BMPCC into a viable wedding camera (I know, I know...), and a beefier battery would do just that. I know it's the last scenario that the camera was intended for, but I've used it at a few and the look is extremely flattering on people, dresses, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dbp View Post
    I think I'd undoubtedly get the JuiceBox if it weren't for the lack of power remaining indicators.

I really want to turn the BMPCC into a viable wedding camera (I know, I know...), and a beefier battery would do just that. I know it's the last scenario that the camera was intended for, but I've used it at a few and the look is extremely flattering on people, dresses, etc.
    Yeah...that's what I thought at first too.
    But all you have to do is check for the Green light when on the charger and you know you've got a full charge. Then you've got over 7 1/2 hours on a Pocket and about 6 hours on a Cinema 2.5k. Plus, they wont just "go dark" on you because when they finally run out then the internal BMD battery takes over and you can watch it's meter right on your screen and know exactly your time remaining.

That's enough time to shoot without turning the camera off for 99% of everything.
    And if you have ANY other external battery at all - remember the BMD cameras don;t care if you swap out the external batteries during recording because they just switch over to internal battery while you do it.

Even with the smaller XT Power batteries the BMPCC is ABSOLUTELY a viable wedding camera. Provided you don't need to rely on continuous auto focus like on ENG-style video cameras.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Oh right, of course! I forgot that it would seamlessly switch to the internal battery. Well that settles it. 7 1/2 hours is insanely handy for long chaotic event shooting.

Oh right, of course! I forgot that it would seamlessly switch to the internal battery. Well that settles it. 7 1/2 hours is insanely handy for long chaotic event shooting.
    I don't think you'll regret it.

Provided JuiceBox never gets cheap on us and lowers the quality of their stuff then these should be great for a long long time. But all they do is batteries so I think they're in it to win it.
    Also - it holds its charge REALLY well. I charged mine up to full and then let it sit for over 3 weeks - when I threw it back on the charger the red LED turned green in barely 2-seconds. Indicating full charge. So it hadn't lost anything at all.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,

Quote Originally Posted by Juhnolla View Post
    Also if there's people inside Europe you can find the same battery cheaper in here:
    https://www.xtpower.de/MP-10000-Powe...A-and-9/12V-2A
    Thanks for the link. Received mine recently. The only snag for me with these smaller batteries is the lack of percentage display, like my Anker battery has. I don't quite trust 'roughly half/roughly quarter charge left' LEDs!

I'd love to see a new 'V Mount mini' standard developed for smaller cameras...

I wonder if one of these can also be used to power the Tamscam DR-60. Another battery muncher!

I wonder if one of these can also be used to power the Tamscam DR-60. Another battery muncher!
    Well the XT Power battery certainly can right out of the box. It wold probably power a DR-60 for 20-hours. Maybe more.
    But to use the JuiceBox you'd need some type step-down converter or distributor as it only puts out 12v.

I seem to have misplaced my oem ac cord... can I use the Juicebox charger straight into the bmpcc or will I blow something up.

Quote Originally Posted by munkey_mike View Post
    I seem to have misplaced my oem ac cord... can I use the Juicebox charger straight into the bmpcc or will I blow something up.
    It comes with a power cord made to go straight into the BMPCC or BMCC. They sell the little BMPCC adapter separately for like $5 too.

So yeah, it's ready to go.

http://juicebox.direct/product/bmpcc-power-adapter/