Thread: Video Assist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Video Assist 
    Hello guys after the update I just had to buy one but here is my problem. It came with a bunch of dead pixels on the top and 2 in the middle. I was wondering, is there a way to fix this? Or should I send it back? Since it's on backorder, I don't want to wait long for a replacement. I know it sounds dumb to say this, but is it possible to fix it? Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex271 View Post
    Hello guys after the update I just had to buy one but here is my problem. It came with a bunch of dead pixels on the top and 2 in the middle. I was wondering, is there a way to fix this? Or should I send it back? Since it's on backorder, I don't want to wait long for a replacement. I know it sounds dumb to say this, but is it possible to fix it? Much appreciated.
    I have a few dead pixels too. Right in the center. Really annoying. But at the speed BMD does anything, I would hold on to it and just deal with it. You could be waiting a while for a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by cmckinlay View Post
    I have a few dead pixels too. Right in the center. Really annoying. But at the speed BMD does anything, I would hold on to it and just deal with it. You could be waiting a while for a fix.
    Maybe they could put this line in their marketing :-

' But at the speed BMD does anything, I would hold on to it and just deal with it. You could be waiting a while for a fix.'

No doubt this will help them sell stuff in droves !

Crap that blows. I got it from fullcompass. I hope they can take it back and send me a new one. Why do they have such a high defect rate?

You could also contact BM Service center, and get a RMA, turnaround time is about one week.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    You could also contact BM Service center, and get a RMA, turnaround time is about one week.
    Thanks bro will do. I refuse to get 12 dead pixels on my screen. I would rather get my money back if they cant give me a better one. This is unexeptable. And since i know it happned to giys too ill tell them about u guys and maybe they can replace urs too because this is nessed up.

Senior Member daydreamersproductions's Avatar
    Contact them. If is is just bought you can send it in and they will either fix it or replace it most likely.
    Go to my site to see my current Production and Post Production Gear
    http://www.daydreamersproductions.com/

If you "just bought it" then you return it to the seller because what you received is defective, period.

One assumes from your post that you paid for a new product (and probably at full price) so it only makes sense that you shouldn't have to settle for a repaired or refurbished unit . . .
    Canon 6D Mark II, 24-70, 70-200, Tokina 11-20, Sigma 18-35, Rokinon 35, 50, 85, 135, GH4, Lumix 20, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300.

That probably explain the high defective rate, gave him the job

Thanks guys. Yes it's new, and I paid the full price. If the dead pixels would be out of the way, of the picture, id be cool with it, but this blows. Their quality control must really suck. Im waiting on the word from the company i bought it from. Thank u again.