Thread: Texas Media Systems Update

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Texas Media Systems Update 
    Just received this:

Future Blackmagic Cinema Camera Owners,

I have an update from the US distributor. Though Blackmagic Designs has not said how many cameras they are shipping or when, the US distributor has received three shipments this month. Those three shipments were in the single digits. I was told that resellers are receiving single cameras in the order that their purchases were received.

Those are the facts. I do not know if this shipping trend will continue at the same pace, quicken, or stop all together for another month. I do not know how many resellers have orders in with the distributor after us. So while I can speculate that, if the same amount of camcorders make it to America in November, Texas Media Systems should have one; I can't estimate how many we will have received by the end of the year.

When new official word comes out or we have a better estimation of availability, I'll let know.

Regards

I really do not understand the hold up. This is getting ridiculous. I've read all the updates, but somebody is dropping the ball here.

So sad.

I called BMD in CA, and the guy said they are checking over each camera super good b\c of the past sensor issues they had... I think BMD is lying tbh.

I got that email too. Very disappointing.

It's hard to accept but I'm beginning to realize that I won't have the camera I bought back in July until sometime next year...Damn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mhood View Post
    It's hard to accept but I'm beginning to realize that I won't have the camera I bought back in July until sometime next year...Damn!!!
    Honestly it probably will be a while year until I get mine, and I ordered in April 2012, so I prob wont get mine until April 2013. Thanks G Petty, I love waiting.

Senior Member Peter J. DeCrescenzo's Avatar
    I got the same email from TMS, too. Bummer.

In reference to my standing bet with Marc Hood, "There's nothing like the taste of barbecued Crocs in the morning!'

MMM good!

It really is trickling down... like little tiny droplets. Haha...I trust Blackmagic with their statement, I just wish they'd sped up their process a bit more.

God forbid any of you guys buy something from RED. I'd hate to see the reactions.