Thread: Adobe Camera Raw Workflow - no audio

1. #1 Adobe Camera Raw Workflow - no audio 
    I have been using several tutorials online that describe using either Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw within After Effects. I don't understand how to render the process dng's so that the audio file is connected.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

O

After Effects has shitty support for raw files. You can only adjust the raw based on the first frame. Pull the footage into davinci resolve grade it there first and render out the video for AE

You can render the DNG files out in a frame sequence format like JPEG, TIFF or DPX. For video it needs to be encoded to an all i-frame codec. Prores HQ, DNXHD, MPEG2-iframe, AVC i-frame are all workable options. Using stills processors I generally go with best quality JPEG 4:4:4 frame sequences. !DO NOT CHANGE THE FILE NAMES! Export the frame sequences with the original file names and only the extension changed. Each shot should be in a separate folder just like the DNG's with a copy of the audio file.
    You have to set your project editing frame rate to match your shooting frame rate. The frame sequence video and audio files should sync right up without issue. You may have to import the audio file separately. Normally it should just sync up at the head of the shot and you are done. Sometimes on very long shots like interviews there may be a bit of sync drift.

One of the things I like about Lightworks is really solid support for frame sequence files due to supporting film scans.

Senior Member daydreamersproductions's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razz16mm View Post
    You can render the DNG files out in a frame sequence format like JPEG, TIFF or DPX. For video it needs to be encoded to an all i-frame codec. Prores HQ, DNXHD, MPEG2-iframe, AVC i-frame are all workable options. Using stills processors I generally go with best quality JPEG 4:4:4 frame sequences. !DO NOT CHANGE THE FILE NAMES! Export the frame sequences with the original file names and only the extension changed. Each shot should be in a separate folder just like the DNG's with a copy of the audio file.
    You have to set your project editing frame rate to match your shooting frame rate. The frame sequence video and audio files should sync right up without issue. You may have to import the audio file separately. Normally it should just sync up at the head of the shot and you are done. Sometimes on very long shots like interviews there may be a bit of sync drift.

One of the things I like about Lightworks is really solid support for frame sequence files due to supporting film scans.
    have you ever rendered out to Open EXR?
    Go to my site to see my current Production and Post Production Gear
    http://www.daydreamersproductions.com/