Thread: ROXOR-Filmpower integration 3-axis Stabilization VS DJI Osmo

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 ROXOR-Filmpower integration 3-axis Stabilization VS DJI Osmo 
    Taking a Vacation
    Another big thing from Filmpower. All the ways you love a camera. An integration 3-axis Stabilization Camera System with LCD screen, Smart Gimbal Fully Stabilized 4K video, 12MP Photo, Time-Lapse photography. The global launch of ROXOR Gimbal Camera.

Price: Pre-Order only $199/MSRP $399.
    Pre-order start time: 18th Oct, 4-5 weeks start delivery after order, global shipping by DHL.

Pre-order Link:http://filmpower.us/products/roxor-h...mera-pre-order

Attachment 15866

No video showing image quality, no technical info on the camera (chip size, codec used, media type), no info on gimbal function. Your price point is interesting, but in all honesty I don't want to buy a cat in a bag.

I'm sure it's the same sensor as Gopro, it's starting to show up in the cheap knock offs. What we need to know is angle of view of the lens. I dont want a fish eye gimbal cam, the osmo looks to be a decent wide. Also needs 24p at all resolutions. I'd be tempted to get one sight unseen at the preorder price if that was confirmed. New toy price point, some thing to learn on.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    I'm sure it's the same sensor as Gopro, it's starting to show up in the cheap knock offs.
    I haven't seen any camera claiming to have the Same sensor as the GoPros, and what defines a GoPro "Knock-off"? Any Action Camera small and square?

At the price point though I wouldn't expect anything less than Xiaomi Yi quality (Which for the record doesn't use the same sensor as the GoPro). 4K troubles me. At least at 1080 you can dream about how they are pushing high bitrates into good codecs -- but at that size in 4k; You know if it's as good as the GoPro it's as good as it gets.

Fair enough, Gopro doesn't say who makes their sensors, but they are likely Sony. The processors may be propriety who knows. The Osmo x3 is certainly Sony as are many of the generic Chinese action cam clones. I would also prefer good hd over mediocre 4k, but that is the current hype. The hero 3 hyped 4k when it was only 15 fps, so useless but hd was fine for what it is. Definitely need to know what is in the camera head, lens, bit rates, frames rates. If they are smart it will be a pretty close match for the osmo at less money, and if so the pre order is a steal for a starter gimbal, but there are not enough knowns at this point. Hope they will give some info while pre order is open. Don't need anything badly right now, so can wait for the extended delivery.

Taking a Vacation
    4k Shooter news about New ROXOR 4K Gimbal Camera.

http://www.4kshooters.net/2015/10/20...a-is-just-199/

i preordered, 200 is a low enough risk. all it has to do is come close to gopro quality and be a decent enough gimbal to be very worth it at that price. seems far fetched, but if the end retail price is 400, i can see it making sense. the $200 is likely to steal some press from the osmo
    Darren Levine

he shoots, he edits, he frequently rants
    http://mediahalo.com/p/dlevine

Osmo has proven track record, as it's X3 gimbal+camera from Inspire plus the handle. You can purchase the handle separate as well, if you own camera-gimbal combo with the drone. You can also use it with X5. X3 has no fisheye and you can use filters to control the light. It looks like a move of desperation on part of Filmpower. Osmo is not cheap, but we know it will be working out of the box as advertised. Asking people to fork off $200 on something we know nothing about is a stretch. And at this stage they also have less then stellar record of customer service. Buy cheap means in a lot of cases buy twice.

Quote Originally Posted by iriszhang View Post
    4k Shooter news about New ROXOR 4K Gimbal Camera.

http://www.4kshooters.net/2015/10/20...a-is-just-199/
    There is ZERO new information in this piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Rogoz View Post
    There is ZERO new information in this piece.
    That's because there was zero information beyond what has been already provided by Film power.

We have reached out to them for more info.