Thread: BMD Video Assist now shipping!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I wish Howie. The closest you are going to get is a battery plate that will take,the Sony F970s and plug into the side of the Video Assist. I have a Indie Pro battery pod, that was for the Pocket cmaera, and redid the plug on it to the larger size used by the other cameras/Hyperdeck/VA. The battery pod takes two Sony L/970s batteries to give you a 14.5VDC output on the plug. This way, you get the weight off the monitor and mount it lower down in the bottom of the rails, or on the tripod.

Is there anyway of switching the Video Assist to PAL? I can't get it to work with my GH4 (when in PAL mode). With the latest VA firmware, it shows NTSC at the top left. I'm hoping this could be addressed at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    I wish Howie. The closest you are going to get is a battery plate that will take,the Sony F970s and plug into the side of the Video Assist. I have a Indie Pro battery pod, that was for the Pocket cmaera, and redid the plug on it to the larger size used by the other cameras/Hyperdeck/VA. The battery pod takes two Sony L/970s batteries to give you a 14.5VDC output on the plug. This way, you get the weight off the monitor and mount it lower down in the bottom of the rails, or on the tripod.
    Thanks Denny. I've already wasted an hour of my life looking for one, I'll look no further.

Howie, I was thinking of this battery adapter kit: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...lackmagic.html

Thanks Denny, I made a battery plate for the Pocket that uses 2 Sony NP batteries but I'm using the VA for recording so I'd like to keep it tight. I could probably cluge together an adapter out of parts and some 3d printing, I'm more surprised than anything that these don't exist. I'll probably just bite the bullet and pick up some cheap chilipower lpe6s, bringing the grand total of battery systems I own to 4.

Used the video assist for the first time on a job yesterday. Worked flawlessly recording footage out of camera, though I did have a problem with recording a skype call with it. The theater had a VGA going into a box with an HDMI out and it gave me a weird signal the VA could not take (it would split the screen in half and make the touch screen buttons not viewable, which was weird).

Now if there were only some way that I could get the file naming convention to be the same as on the URSA.

I decided to jump back in the VA after the one I received when they first started shipping had a huge dead pixel area. BH has them back in stock so I decided to order it again especially since peaking is not activated. I love the picture on the monitor so i am looking forward to getting a new one in that hopefully works and looks flawlessly.

Wondering what the possbilities are of having the following features added to the VA in the future:

Wavform
    Ability to color calibrate
    4k recording

I'd settle for the wavform alone, though I have had some problems with the C100 feed into the VA looking more magenta than the same camera with other recorders.

4K ProRes is not going to happen on a SD card, too slow. Doubt BM would add a higher compression Codec to make it work, so no advantage over inert all 4K recording cameras like the GH4. Only real advantage, would be 4K recording on the Micro Studio camera over the 6G SDI, but you would need a 12G SDI connection for 4K, the VA is only 6G SDI.

You sound like the voice of reason Denny, that all makes sense.

I guess now all I really need from the VA to make it my primary monitor is a wavform!