Thread: The Real Reason You Should Recycle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well my computer died, and I was kneeling at a strange system at Best Buy, so one line is all I had time for.

The plastic in the recycling mutated the virus, duh.

One of the ideas I was toying with was a apocalyptic future because no one recycled. I'm glad to see someone did that idea. I think you had some good editing spots there. I liked the spin blur where you see all the people standing around when you go to the future and some of the cutting during the zombie section. The green screen part didn't look realistic as far as making it look like the zombies were actually walking around in a dump but it was fun to watch. I saw keithlango mentioned using a little bounce fill to help with the lighting but I saw in your spin zoom one of the actors was holding a reflector! Maybe shooting at a different time of day would have helped even out the exposure?

Apologies for the late commentary.

I like the concept and really dug the green screen effects and zombie makeup and acting. Nice music, too. The 28 years later transition was great!

The overall concept didn't quite work for me. So the zombiepocalypse was caused by throwing away things that should be recycled? And you can prevent that by recycling? But then there are still zombies? Each of the transition moments was well done but the logical through line was too muddled for me.

The look of the normal scenes was a bit off as well. There was something about the saturation coupled with crushed shadows that didn't work for me.

Overall, though, you put zombies in a recycling ad! That's pretty cool. I happened to like the look of the green screen zombie scenes. Nicely done.

I actually tried to shoot at the local dump but they wouldn't let me. This was much more fun, and smelled better too.

At least there was no goat screaming like a human. I dunno... that might have helped. Suggestion: Write the whole story down first and then read it aloud to someone who has never heard you talking about the idea. Does it make sense to them? Edit your story until they "get it".
    Last edited by WholeBrainFilms; 06-27-2015 at 01:07 PM. Reason: too wordy

"I dunno... "

No. I guess you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Giambrone View Post
    "I dunno... "

No. I guess you don't.
    Come on man- its constructive criticism- No one is attacking you. Lets use this opportunity for professional development and be good chums about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WholeBrainFilms View Post
    At least there was no goat screaming like a human. I dunno...

I love this commercial what are you talking about

Logic and linearity have nothing to do with the adolescent mind. This time and dimension - jumping stream of consciousness reminds me of the stories that result when the teacher divides a middle school class into small groups, gives them a theme, tells the group to have one person write a paragraph, then randomly pass the story to another person in the group to write the next paragraph, and so on. You end up with something entertaining and somewhat in line with the general theme, but if you dissect it for structure you'll almost certainly be disappointed. Rather enjoy the emotional journey through the amped mind of American adolescents.

Mad props, Joe. I don't know if you were simply a facilitator or if this was your inner adolescent at work. I thought it was ridiculous until I approached it with the right frame of mind.