Thread: Ursa mini nikon mount?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Ursa mini nikon mount? 
    Hope it is possible

I would go for it, the Canon EF mount is what's keeping me from getting one. Also, alternately, a passive MFT mount on the 4K model is also dooable, in that would allow Nikon Speed Booster, or use the new Veydra lenses, which will cover the 4K's sensor (but not the 4.6K, however).

Nikon F is not a big deal. removing EF mounting flange and replacing it with a Nikon F is not a big job. FFD on nikon F is 46.50mm and on EF 44.00mm. that leaves 2.5mm and its more then enough. new Replacemant rig has to be made with custom URSA mounting holes and alternativ lens lock. but am suyre someone will be up to a task once camera starts to ship. take a look on Eos to PL cracks* and you will see what i am talking about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adapter-CANO...item565584f3d0

this single conversion is no big deal. new mount needs to be shimmed and thats all. however you won’t be able to switch mounts easy and versitile like on Red Epic, Arri Alexsa or Sony F55

for future reference this is a list of most photo FFD measurement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance

@danny; guys what is that speed buster argument all the time? why would you use Booster on a S35 sensor. what would be a point? using 24mm lens with dispersion circle no 37mm on ASP-c sensor so you can gain 8 degrees of horizontal angle and one 3ed of a stop? i still don’t understand how Speed boosters are considered desirable. also why using Veydra. there is tones of cinema glass out there that you can use on s35 sensor! Veydra offered somthing interesting fro small sensor camera because nothing exsisted in that market. let me remind you that there was almost no S16 lenses capable of covering MFT and therefore you needed to use 35mm glas locking you with 18mm wide as your normal... non of that is relevant for S35 camera
    Last edited by cikaziva; 04-17-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Speed booster would allow me to double the amount of light hitting the sensor, and thus partially offset the URSA-M4K's weakness of low light.

And as a double bonus,in sunny conditions I could instead use an adapter with a variable ND built in to overcome the lack of built in NDs in the body.

Double win! So I really really hope a m4/3 version comes along.

@ IronFilm
    how can you double??? this is S35 sensor and if you would to mount a lens with 24mm lens with 37mm DCC on it you would be gaining: 36x 20.30mm to 24.90 x 14mm that wuld be 0.7 factor... in best optical forlula you will have 0.12 D making 1/3ed of a stop and you would covert your horisontal angle 18 degree wider.... i still dont see the point!

Not sure why they didn't do interchangeable mounts on the URSA series like the RED.

guys are we talking about same things? acccording to BM press Ursa Mini is Sensor Size 25.34mm x 14.25mm (Super35)! and MFT is 17.3 x 13... so how can tou put MFT that has 19mm diameter and FFD of 19.25 to cover a Accademy 35mm??

@ townio its really dumb!!! it was really easy thing to do, and finally camera would be way more versatile. specially for us owning BNCR, OST-19 and other cinema lenses. whay i hope was 4:3 sensor but hey...

A Nikon g mount or active Nikon mount for v.r. would be great though.