Thread: Premiere Merged Clips & Resolve

1. #1 Premiere Merged Clips & Resolve 
    Hey Guys,

I'm editing a feature where we used Premiere's Merge Clips ability to sync audio only to find that using XML to get to Resolve doesn't work with Merged Clips. I'm really surprised that this issue is not being brought up all over the place. You would think it would be causing problems on productions left and right. Is everyone syncing audio by hand in Resolve when creating proxies? There was a work around where you could copy and paste the entire sequence into After Effects, then copy and paste back into a new Premiere timeline, and the XML would work. Odd as that is, I can't imagine copying and pasting the entire timeline of our feature that way. Does anybody know if this issue has been addressed in a recent Premiere update? I can't find any bullet points referring to it on update pages but maybe someone here has tried it. I'm still on a late 2013 build of Premiere ever since one of the updates erased all my metadata.

Thanks!

I handled a feature with a similar scenario and never consider this an issue, per se. Simply duplicate the timeline in Premiere creating a picture-only sequence and XML that over to Resolve.

Assuming you need sound for reference (there's really no reason to have all those audio cuts in Resolve) render yourself an uncompressed wav and manually import it into Resolve. Double check TC and general settings and you should be ready to color w/ sound...

Now if you're trying to do DAW-work in Resolve, then disregard everything I just said.

As for syncing sound in Resolve, I've generated dailies & proxies on-set using it's auto-sync based on TC and it had no issues with it.

ah, ok, that's great. I didn't realize if it would work by deleting all the audio. I will give that a try! Thanks so much.