Thread: Ultra studio mini monitor question

1. #1 Ultra studio mini monitor question 
    Feel free to flog me if it is in the instructions, but is there a way to turn off the thunderbolt mini monitor without unplugging it. I can't find any settings for it in resolve or in osx. I would think you should be able to toggle it on or off, or have it automatically turn on or off with launch or shut down of software that you use it with.

I have noticed that all my regular GUI monitors are asleep if I'm not doing anything, or gone while a render is outputting, and the video display is still showing the last freeze frame, even when exiting resolve the box is still on and gets quite hot. I'm on a MBPr so no big deal to unplug when not in use, but seems like a big PITA if your on an iMac or MacPro in a studio set up. Am I missing something.

Also if i forget to plug it back in before launching Resolve, you have to exit, plug in and then launch again. I would think this thing should be hot swappable with software controls.

Not nocking it, great video output for the price. Is this just the way it is or am I doing something wrong.

I have this device with a new MacPro and as far as I can tell, the answer is no. I turn my hero monitor off when I am not using it. It will last longer. My monitor has a sleep mode, but I still turn it off.

I agree about about turning off monitors, just strange that the device stays on even if not being used, logged out of software that can use it.

I was about to start a new thread and thought maybe I should ask here. If not let me know and I can start a new one.

Is there any way to use this device on a PC without thunderbolt? I know the answer is no but was wondering if there are any adapters that might "rig" it.
    Thanks!

There are PCI-E Thunderbolt cards for PC:
    http://www.videodata.de/shop/product...RSS_FEED_REFID

Quote Originally Posted by danielschweinert View Post
    There are PCI-E Thunderbolt cards for PC:
    http://www.videodata.de/shop/product...RSS_FEED_REFID
    Thanks for the response. I was hoping to avoid adding a card to my system.