Thread: Metabones SB Leica R for BMCC / BMPCC

1. #1 Metabones SB Leica R for BMCC / BMPCC 
    Have I had a memory block or something but when did this happen? I'm sure recently I was just looking at the normal M43 Speedbooster for Leica R

I'm shooting my next big gig on Leica R's so this is a pleasant surprise.

http://www.metabones.com/products/de..._SPLR-BMCC-BM1

At least a few months ago. It probably didn't make a big splash because a lot more people have Canon and Nikon lenses (for speedboosting) than Leica R.
    I wish they would do Alpa for MFT, as they do it for Sony and Fuji (I think?).

Yeah, that's likely the case. Yeah an ALPA mount would be great, not sure they would be enough demand though...despite the amount of Switar owners. I am surprised they have chosen some mounts over others though. I would have though M42 would have been high on their list. I'm guessing that PL-Mount is a bit difficult with bayonet fitting and protruding elements? Haven't read much about PL and Metabones...that would be awesome though...

I think this is fairly recent. I've looked at using leica R lenses a few time. If they would only make a BMCC specific c/y I'd be happy, then no need to use the Leitax mount.

Too bad the Leica R speed booster doesn't work with all Leica R lenses

"The following lenses require modification in order to fit on the Speed Booster.
    Super-Elmar-R 15mm
    Elmarit R 28/2.8
    Elmarit R 35/2.8
    Summicron R 50/2"

That's a bit of a shame. I use this Duclos cine-mod set:

Elmarit R 19mm f/2.8
    Elmarit R 24mm f/2.8
    Summicron R 35mm f/2
    Summicron R 50mm f/2
    Summicron R 90mm f/2
    Elmarit R 135mm f/2.8

Will find a replacement or shoot the 24mm without the booster instead of the 50mm...see how it works.
    Last edited by Tim Hole; 11-14-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Yeah, sorry to resuscitate an old thread but I have an inquiry in to Metabones to see exactly what those mods are -

I have a feeling it's the older, deeper cams needing to be cut back for clearance - and wonder how the optics between their R- mount Speedbooster and an F/G or EF- mount one compare, since they have different clearances...

(I'm assuming they're different, since the R lenses into Leitax or similar seem to clear okay with their EF/F/G mount Speedboosters, as evidenced by the various posts above).

Anybody have any relevant experience?

Thanks!
    Chris

I had real trouble with a leitaxed lens scratching a ef speedboster - the 50mm that wont work with the R speedboster either, had to shave it down.

The other lenses barely cleared and I was worried about the rear lens rubbing against the lens of the speedboster though it worked out okay. My lenses where 50mm v2 cron, 35mm v2 cron, 90mm f2, 28mm v2.

this was with an e-mount to ef speedboster.

(edited for new question)

(edit: the scratch was in the lining of the speedboster, not directly on the lens, but it felt quite unsafe)
    Last edited by yxfilm; 03-12-2018 at 03:56 AM.