Thread: Fog lights reflecting chrome?

1. #1 Fog lights reflecting chrome? 
    He guys. I had some flooding in my area and got my truck pretty deep in water. My truck is a 04 lariat and I replaced my fogs bulbs twice. There was glass every where in the housing so I decided to take them apart to get the glass out and buff out the inner and outer fog light cover while I was at it.

Next I wiped the chrome plasic reflective part lightly with a towel and the chrome is just peeling off. I noticed my other light that I haven't touched yet is in really bad shape. What would you guys suggest? Re paint with something, replace, any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited by MartaDowdall; 09-17-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Err... this isn't a vehicle repair forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MartaDowdall View Post
    He guys. I had some flooding in my area and got my truck pretty deep in water. My truck is a 04 lariat and I replaced my fogs bulbs twice. There was glass every where in the housing so I decided to take them apart to get the glass out and buff out the inner and outer fog light cover while I was at it.

Next I wiped the chrome plasic reflective part lightly with a towel and the chrome is just peeling off. I noticed my other light that I haven't touched yet is in really bad shape. What would you guys suggest? Re paint with something, replace, any ideas? Thanks.

I know you probably were thinking 'Well, I'll just fix it in post' and in this case you're lucky. I'd take your light into Resolve and add the 'Chrome Filter'. It should get it back to working condition. If that doesn't work, try rendering out a DPX sequence and bringing it into After Effects and use MagicBullet on it to at least give it that 'Chrome Look'. Good luck!

I think it is a part of this Forum, we are dealing with lighting here guys, that is Fog Lighting , so do one of the following:

1- send it to a Chrome plating shop
    2- buy new one
    3- replace it with an LED sealed fog light kit
    4- replace the reflector with one from your Lowel movie lights