Thread: Help cleaning Hoya ProND "residue/stain"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wake View Post
    Just guessing your pouch off-gassed something that condensed on the filter. And that filter coating is definitely sticky and hard to clean. Hoya's have had that reputation for years - exactly the opposite of B+W. I suggest to keep trying different lens cleaners until you find the one with the right ingredients. And use the finest microfiber you can find.

Here's a kit that has always worked for me, though the Hoyas take several tries. http://www.cleanoptics.com/shopexd.asp?id=26

Zeiss wipes also have a good reputation.

I'd be interested to know what liquid cleaner others have tried.

Steve, thanks for the tip on Clean Optics. I have been struggling with Hoyas for years trying to get them fully clean.

Do you just go direct to them off their site? Or do you pick it up local gun shops etc?

I use the Zeiss Lens Wipes to clean my filters and they work wonderfully.. I store my filters in the Tiffen Belt Filter Pouch which I bought from B&H. I never had any problem so far, and I wish I never will

Taking a Vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Abobakr View Post
    I use the Zeiss Lens Wipes to clean my filters and they work wonderfully.. I store my filters in the Tiffen Belt Filter Pouch which I bought from B&H. I never had any problem so far, and I wish I never will
    Hmmm, my same setup. Do you have the 64? Also be great if anyone else chimes in that uses this pouch. I know a few more guys do cause that's where I got the idea from.

Taking a Vacation
    Hmmm, my same setup. Do you have the 64? Also be great if anyone else chimes in that uses this pouch. I know a few more guys do cause that's where I got the idea from.

Quote Originally Posted by vicharris View Post
    yeah, I got the 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 500, and the Grad ND10 and the Hoya HD polarizing filter, and they are all stored in the filter pouch all the time.

Taking a Vacation
    I just bought some of those Zeiss so someone else can try the other.

yeah, I got the 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 500, and the Grad ND10 and the Hoya HD polarizing filter, and they are all stored in the filter pouch all the time.
    Side note: the grad ND10's pretty solid. Been using that as well.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
    Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

I love it

I think I got my kit from the arctic butterfly sensor cleaner guy, back before there was an arctic butterfly. I linked the manufacturer. No idea where it's available retail. If you do order or find a store with the supplies, get their microfiber cloth too. I've never found another one so fine and fluffy. On tough smudges I put a drop of cleaner on the microfiber, wipe as hard as necessary, then dry. All with circular motions.

Thanks Steve. For $15-$16 I'll just order from the link you posted. Has everything. Mark