Thread: GRADE MY DNG thread

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 509
  1. #461  
    Senior Member AndyGandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Russian Federation
    Posts
    289
    Last edited by AndyGandy; 07-29-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    Andrew Bell
    Blackmagic Production 4K Camera
    https://www.youtube.com/user/reklama4demo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #462  
    Senior Member AndyGandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Russian Federation
    Posts
    289
    I decided to add side-by-side comparison:


    http://img.pixady.com/2017/07/837375_c21.1.8.png
    Last edited by AndyGandy; 07-29-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    Andrew Bell
    Blackmagic Production 4K Camera
    https://www.youtube.com/user/reklama4demo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #463  
    Senior Member david evans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    468
    Guys,

    I'm shooting a video and it begins with some ethereal and mystic footage from a forrest. I'm shooting with the UM4.6k and it's working great but I got this one shot from a tree and a green background that I wanted to frame against the sun. As I expected, the sun directly against the lens (ND and IR CUT on) created a kind of halation that, while not necessarily bad, needs some work in post to look good. I wanted to get your thoughts if you think this can be graded to look good or if it's better to get the shot again, as I'm struggling to get the contrast and sharpness where I want them...

    DNG:

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnv883o6tl...00000.dng?dl=0

    Thanks
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #464  
    Senior Member AndyGandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Russian Federation
    Posts
    289
    Basic:


    Warm


    Colder


    Color_separation
    Last edited by AndyGandy; 07-31-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    Andrew Bell
    Blackmagic Production 4K Camera
    https://www.youtube.com/user/reklama4demo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #465  
    Senior Member AndyGandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Russian Federation
    Posts
    289
    This is HDR situation for shure. And that halo is a pain in the neck actually. In that spot color information is replaced by sun glare so very hard to point out something. The only way I see is to make even more halo to create some atmosphere.
    I believe your reference picture is this?


    If so the best idea is reshoot this image in early morning. Not at mid of a day to get some magic mood.
    Camera worked very well btw.
    Last edited by AndyGandy; 07-31-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    Andrew Bell
    Blackmagic Production 4K Camera
    https://www.youtube.com/user/reklama4demo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #466  
    Senior Member david evans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    468
    Thanks Andy!

    That was actually a problem, as production got delayed and we were unable to shoot that at sunrise. Nonetheless, I will re shoot this on sunset and get a moodier look. This shot happens after the one below. It's not really sequential, but it would be nice to keep lighting consistent. Here's the shot that comes before (grading is not final, of course):

    still first shot_1.10.1.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #467  
    Senior Member AndyGandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Russian Federation
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by david evans View Post
    Thanks Andy!

    That was actually a problem, as production got delayed and we were unable to shoot that at sunrise. Nonetheless, I will re shoot this on sunset and get a moodier look. This shot happens after the one below. It's not really sequential, but it would be nice to keep lighting consistent. Here's the shot that comes before (grading is not final, of course):

    still first shot_1.10.1.jpg
    Exactly! This is another story! Great still!
    Andrew Bell
    Blackmagic Production 4K Camera
    https://www.youtube.com/user/reklama4demo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #468  
    Senior Member Asyndeton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by david evans View Post
    Guys,

    I'm shooting a video and it begins with some ethereal and mystic footage from a forrest. I'm shooting with the UM4.6k and it's working great but I got this one shot from a tree and a green background that I wanted to frame against the sun. As I expected, the sun directly against the lens (ND and IR CUT on) created a kind of halation that, while not necessarily bad, needs some work in post to look good. I wanted to get your thoughts if you think this can be graded to look good or if it's better to get the shot again, as I'm struggling to get the contrast and sharpness where I want them...

    DNG:

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnv883o6tl...00000.dng?dl=0

    Thanks
    First two are unnatural but warmed it up to make it seem later in the day even though where the sun is makes it pretty obvious. Lifted the black levels a bit.

    tree_1.1.1.jpgUntitled_1.1.2.jpgUntitled_1.1.3.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #469  
    Senior Member AndyGandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Russian Federation
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Asyndeton View Post
    First two are unnatural but warmed it up to make it seem later in the day even though where the sun is makes it pretty obvious. Lifted the black levels a bit.
    Hey! I like it! Need to do softer a sun flare but overall very moody.
    Andrew Bell
    Blackmagic Production 4K Camera
    https://www.youtube.com/user/reklama4demo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #470  
    Senior Member Asyndeton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGandy View Post
    Hey! I like it! Need to do softer a sun flare but overall very moody.
    Yeah I normally do a pro-mist filter on harsh highlights that are clipped to let them roll off more but I don't have those plug-ins installed on my home PC.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •