Thread: Seamless follow focus rings

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vicharris View Post
    Yes, helicoptersean and yes, you are taking his business. He's been very cool to many of us and personally, I think this is kind of shitty on your part.
    Wow. What a completely worthless post...

Taking a Vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by UTR-Labs View Post
    Wow. What a completely worthless post...
    Wow what another completely worthless newbie comment and yet again not reading the whole thread before blindly posting. Must be some sort of newbie disease going in today. Cover up boys, don't want to catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by vicharris View Post
    Wow what another completely worthless newbie comment and yet again not reading the whole thread before blindly posting. Must be some sort of newbie disease going in today. Cover up boys, don't want to catch it!
    That's rather presumptuous of you - just because you don't know who I am doesn't mean I'm a newbie.

But, as my mom used to say "Never wrestle with a pig. You end up getting covered in shit, and the pig likes it..."

Taking a Vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by UTR-Labs View Post
    That's rather presumptuous of you - just because you don't know who I am doesn't mean I'm a newbie.

But, as my mom used to say "Never wrestle with a pig. You end up getting covered in shit, and the pig likes it..."
    Nice forum "go to" comment. It was only a matter of time till one of you tried to make yourself seem like the higher person with this standard response. How about you read the whole thread first before you post, try that buddy. You might learn something. Or not, seems to be the standard around here lately.

Taking a Vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@202020 View Post
    It was bound to happen sooner or later. Like you said helicoptersean has treated us well so I will continue to buy from him as well as strongly recommend him to others. His customer service is top notch. That said he didn't patent his idea, so it's free game. But seriously everyone should go with helicoptersean, you won't regret your purchase.
    Yeah Brian all true but I misunderstood what the OP posted and apologized for my error though it seems a crap load of people with 30 or less posts are losing their frickin minds on this thread and blindly posting. Starting to get entertaining if I must say
    Last edited by vicharris; 09-08-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Vic, I finally get it: you can't have a valid opinion unless you post over 30 messages!

And Brian, helicoptershaun didn't patent his idea because he can't, which is the whole point really. (Actually, if he lives in the States he possibly can, but good luck to him defending the patent).
    The Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera - what it says on the box!

Grow up, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by catscratch View Post

Besides, helicoptersean won't ship OS (or at least that was his position initially), so it was only a matter of time before he would be challenged and as a non US based potential customer, the accessibility and efficency (i.e no postage) of film3r's offer is attractive and I reserve the right to take him up on it.
    Hey Catscratch, Sean has made a dozen or so custom gears for me and had no issue sending them OS - a couple of them had to be done several times to get the correct fit. His service has been legendary - I'm planning to get a few more done.
    Having said that - do you know of a decent 3D printer in town?
    Rohan Dadswell
    Freelance Lighting Cameraman - www.rotahead.com.au
    BMPC BMPCC
    2 x Panasonic AF-102, 2 x Sony PMW-350, 2 x NanoFlash, Canon 550D, Pana GH3 & GH4, GoPro
    Shed full of lights, lenses, dollies, jibs & other toys

Competition makes all parties step their game up if they want to survive. Do your thing. Sell, give away, whatever. May the smartest man win!
    Actor, Filmmaker
    my website

Hi Rowy - admire your work.

I'm just checking out a local 3d printer now. I'll PM you when I know if it's a goer.
    The Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera - what it says on the box!