Thread: I lost my power supply for the Black Magic Production Camera 4k. Where to get 1?

1. #1 I lost my power supply for the Black Magic Production Camera 4k. Where to get 1? 
    I lost my power supply somewhere in another state - i cant seem to find one online
    am i screwed or is there a way to replace the power supply for the BMPC 4k camera?

You can use ANY matching power supply. For my BMCC it's 12V 2.5A. Voltage has to be the same, Ampere at least that, but could be more. Most supplies for external hard drives will match.

Quote Originally Posted by stier View Post
    You can use ANY matching power supply. For my BMCC it's 12V 2.5A. Voltage has to be the same, Ampere at least that, but could be more. Most supplies for external hard drives will match.
    Thanks for that info stier. I had no idea. I am also curious if BMD sells the power supply separately though because I can't seem to find my 2.5k's power supply either.

(PS - does your name meat "S Tier" like in fighting games?)

new one for the BMPC 4k is 90$ and right now looks like its gonna be 7-10 days to get it.

There goes shooting!

If you need one fast, just go get one of those cheap power supplies where you can set the voltage using a switch and that comes with a pack of various size DC plugs.
    You should be able to get one in a general electronics store.

It’s absurdly overpriced. I got a replacement power supply, with longer cable to boot, for $17 on amazon

I'll sell my power supply for $75 :P

I lost mine for the 2.5K too. Can anyone put up an actual link to one that they know works (generic or the actual BMD one). I have tried a few that should work, but they just don't seem to fit correctly like the original. Thanks.

Mine was recently damaged, also looking for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianHubbard View Post
    Mine was recently damaged, also looking for a replacement

I called marketek and they said they could get it.

I actually begged the place in L.A. to find it and they did and they are gonna ship it to me overnight which is faster (and maybe cheaper?) than buying a new one and waiting! there is stuff to lens!!